Mobile Back Injury Lawyer
Have you suffered a back injury in Mobile, AL due to someone else’s negligence? If so, the Mobile back injury lawyers at Lattof & Lattof, P.C., can help you get the financial assistance you need. Our law firm serves Mobile, Alabama and we are committed to helping our community members get justice and financial compensation in the event of an accident.
Your first consultation is 100% free, so contact us today for a case evaluation.
Table of Contents
How Lattof & Lattof, P.C. Can Help with Your Back Injury Case
A back injury is devastating no matter the cause, but when it happens as a result of negligent actions, it is especially frustrating. You are being unfairly forced to deal with an injury that could have been prevented. We understand what you are going through because we have represented clients with injuries similar to yours and we have seen it all.
Lattof & Lattof, P.C., is a family-run practice, and our Mobile personal injury lawyers treat clients as if they are members of our family as well. Our approach and the services we offer you in your case are the same as we would provide for our own family members.
Let us take care of this for you. While you should demand financial compensation for the harm done to you, worrying about how to bring a lawsuit to hold the responsible party accountable is understandably the last thing on your mind. That is where Lattof & Lattof, P.C., can help.
We know the challenge you are up against. Insurance companies are notorious for denying even rightful personal injury claims. The outcome of your case depends on the strength of your legal argument. Our Mobile personal injury attorneys have decades of experience in personal injury law, and we have the determination and tenacity to get you a win.
Hiring us means you get exceptional client services from our firm. We will:
- Investigate the specific circumstances of your accident and subsequent back injury
- Identify exactly who is responsible for the accident so we can hold all parties accountable
- Collect and review evidence to strengthen your claim, including hospital records, witness statements, any police reports, security camera footage, and any other material that could prove useful
- Keep the insurance company from trying to lay the blame for the accident on you to avoid paying out the claim. If they succeed, the law does not allow you to recover the money you deserve
- Handle all negotiations with the insurance company to reach an equitable settlement
- If the insurance company fails to make a reasonable settlement offer, we will not hesitate to take this to court and try your case in front of a jury
Our personal injury law firm has a reputation for winning big for our clients, and we will do everything we can to ensure you get the same.
Common Causes of Back Injuries in Mobile, AL
Millions of Americans suffer back injuries every year. Some back problems are due to issues such as arthritis or osteoporosis, while others are the result of injuries from falls or other accidents. In some cases, you may already have back pain that is then exacerbated by an injury.
Back injuries can make everyday activities excruciatingly painful, and injuries can be caused by lifting a heavy object, falling from significant heights, or twisting the back repetitively. Even simply lying down can be painful depending on the severity and specific location of the injury.
Common causes of back injuries in Mobile include:
- Car accidents, motorcycle accidents, and trucking accidents: Motor vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of catastrophic injuries to the back.
- Slip and fall accidents: Falls are responsible for the most non-fatal injuries in the U.S. that require medical treatment. Among seniors, falls are the second leading cause of spinal cord injuries.
- Workplace accidents: Back injuries are responsible for 25% of all workers’ compensation claims and more than 1 million U.S. workers suffer an on-the-job back injury every year.
- Nursing home abuses and falls
- Defective products
- Medical malpractice
- Construction site accidents
- Malfunctioning equipment
The possibilities are endless in terms of how you can injure your back, but if the injury was caused by an accident that resulted from another’s negligent actions, you may have a claim against them. Our personal injury attorneys in Mobile can bring negligent parties to justice, holding them responsible for the harm done to you. You should not have to pay for your recovery.
Common Back Injuries
Back injuries can range from relatively minor to unbearably severe. The nature of back pain is such that it can be seriously debilitating. Managing simple day to day activities requires a healthy and well-functioning back, whether standing, sitting, cooking, showering, or just sleeping.
You can tell that you have injured your back if you:
- Hear a popping sound at the moment of impact
- Experience muscle cramps or spasms
- Having a hard time standing, walking, or bending
- Feeling increased pain with movement
The pain is often caused by an injury to the structural components of the back.
Common back injuries include:
- Sprain or strain: Injury to soft tissues like back muscles, ligaments, or tendons
- Dislocation or fracture: Injury to the spinal cord that could lead to permanent paralysis; fractures include spinal compression, extension/distraction, and rotation fractures.
- Torn or ruptured disc: Often called a herniated disc, a large tear can cause material inside the spinal disc can leak and press nerves. Excessive pressure can result in a bulging disc.
- Damaged nerves: Compression of one or more of the 31 nerves along the spine
- Spondylolisthesis: Causes shooting pains down the legs, brings on pain in the lower back, and weakens muscles.
We know these injuries are incredibly painful, and we understand the impact this experience has had on your life. We can help you fight back and hold the negligent party accountable.
What Damages are Available for Back Injuries?
Lattof & Lattof, P.C., are prepared to advocate for you to get the compensation you need to get back to your old self to the greatest extent possible. Back injuries require significant treatment and sometimes multiple surgeries. As a result, the condition can be quite expensive.
Between your lost income from being unable to work and the healthcare costs you are facing, this kind of injury can have a devastating impact on your finances.
We understand this and will be tireless in pursuit of every financial opportunity available to you. We have a proven track record of success, and we leave nothing on the table. We will seek both economic and non-economic damages on your behalf.
Economic damages are those with a calculable financial value, including costs associated with:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- In-home care
- Ongoing medical and surgical care
- Medical equipment such as wheelchairs and crutches
- Physical therapy
Non-economic damages are more difficult to quantify but are just as important to your recovery. Non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
One thing to keep in mind is that Alabama is a contributory negligence state. This means state law does not allow you to recover if you were in any way responsible for the accident and your subsequent injury.
It does not matter how egregious your part in the accident was. If you contributed at all, you are barred from financial recovery. We can help you figure all that out and ensure no one, including the insurance company, tries to hold you responsible for your injury.
Statute of Limitations in Alabama
Alabama state law limits how much time you have to file your claim for a back injury. Known as the statute of limitations, this time period is two years from the date of the injury. This is all the more reason you should hire a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after your injury.
Time is of the essence in legal proceedings. Gathering the necessary evidence and formulating a winning argument can take time. It involves speaking with witnesses, consulting accident experts, and medical professionals. There is no time to waste, and two years can fly by quickly.
Contact a Mobile Back Injury Lawyer Today
If you are suffering from a back injury due to the negligence of another, you do not have to go through this alone. The back injury lawyers at Lattof & Lattof, P.C., know what is at stake for you. That is why we are committed to helping you recover.
With decades of experience handling cases just like yours, our Alabama personal injury lawyers are known for an aggressive, no-nonsense approach to taking on the opposition and winning for our clients. We care about the Mobile community and we care about you.
You have nothing to lose by giving us a call to arrange a free consultation. If we do not win for you, you pay us nothing. Contact us today to speak with our compassionate legal team.