Mobile Multi-Car Crash Accident Lawyer
Multi-Car collisions can be very complicated. People will try to point fingers and insurance companies may want to minimize the amount of money they pay out. If you sustained injuries in the collision, you should contact an experienced Mobile multi-car crash accident lawyer.
The attorneys at Lattof & Lattof, P.C. have over 100 years of combined experience and have been fighting for car accident victims in Mobile, AL for decades. Give us a call today at (251) 432-6691 to schedule your free consultation.
Table of Contents
Multi-Car Crash Accident Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than 13,000 cars were involved in fatal crashes that included multiple vehicles in 2017. While any car accident can be devastating, the more cars and passengers involved, the more dangerous a crash becomes. It also makes for a more complicated situation when determining who is at fault and obtaining compensation for injuries.
How Multi-Car Crashes Happen in Alabama
A car accident can happen at any time, for a variety of reasons. There are, however, certain situations that may put drivers more at risk for a crash that involves multiple vehicles, including:
- Bad weather. Slippery road conditions often lead to crashes, and in particularly bad weather, one crash can easily turn into a chain reaction. Drivers should take care to adjust their driving based on the road conditions by going slower and leaving more space between vehicles.
- Following too closely at higher speeds. In all conditions, a driver should be prepared if the leading car stops or slows suddenly. Those who are following too closely will not have enough time to stop, which often leads to a multi-car crash.
- Crashes in intersections. Busy intersections can easily be the spot for multiple car crashes, as many cars and others who share the road are all trying to navigate through the same location. A driver who fails to adhere strictly to the rules governing intersections may cause an accident.
- Rubber necking. Even when crashes occur or there are roadside distractions, drivers need to remain focused on the task of driving. When their attention is diverted, they are more likely to also be involved in the accident scene.
Determining Liability in Multiple Vehicle Accidents
When many vehicles are involved, it can be difficult to determine who is responsible for the accident. It is especially complicated in Alabama, a state in which the rules about fault are extremely strict. It’s common that each driver involved will blame another driver for the crash. Because the insurance companies are out to save money, they will attempt to blame other parties to protect their own bottom line. Drivers who are involved in a multi-car crash should be extremely careful to protect their rights after an accident.
An Experienced Mobile Accident Attorney Can Help
An experienced accident attorney can help crash victims ensure they are not unfairly blamed and are able to obtain any compensation they deserve. With complicated multi-car crashes, an attorney can provide valuable guidance and services, including:
- Accident investigation. An attorney has been involved in these types of cases before, and he will know just what information is necessary to protect an accident victim’s rights. An attorney can perform a thorough investigation of the accident to determine the facts.
- Eyewitness testimony. There are often many eyewitnesses to a multi-car crash, although they may not all recall the accident in quite the same way. An experienced attorney can identify and effectively question eyewitnesses to determine what really happened.
- Police report documentation. An attorney can obtain the police report, which may contain information crucial to a car crash claim, including the officer’s opinion on who and what caused the crash.
- Expert testimony. Crash experts and medical professionals can provide valuable information in determining fault and the impact of the accident on those involved. By securing their expertise and using it in court, an attorney can provide evidence to support a victim’s claim.
If you or someone you love suffered injuries in a multiple-vehicle accident, it’s important to obtain legal representation. Don’t let insurance companies or other drivers unfairly cast blame and prevent you from securing the medical care and compensation you need to move forward. Call the lawyers at Lattof & Lattof, PC to learn more about how an attorney may be able to help in your situation. Reach out to our Mobile office, or take a moment to fill out the contact form on this page to speak with a member of our team today.