Montgomery Personal Injury Lawyer
Have you been seriously hurt in an accident in Montgomery, AL? You may be entitled to compensation for the pain and suffering, medical expenses, and lost wages you have suffered. A Montgomery personal injury lawyer can help you hold the responsible party accountable.
For more than 65 years, Lattof & Lattof, P.C. has fought for accident victims and their families in Montgomery. Call our law firm today for a free case review with an experienced personal injury attorney ready to give you the robust legal representation you need.
How Lattof & Lattof, P.C. Can Help After an Accident in Montgomery, AL
After an accident seriously injures you, you may incur medical bills, miss work, and suffer significant mental and emotional turmoil. You should not be forced to fight with an insurance company over the compensation they owe you. Sadly, many accident victims face unfair insurance company tactics to undervalue claims and minimize the severity of injuries.
An experienced Montgomery personal injury attorney can help you fight back for the compensation you deserve. Lattof & Lattof, P.C. is a family-run law firm with more than 100 years of combined legal experience. Our Top 100 National Trial Lawyers have earned a sterling reputation and recovered tens of millions in awards and settlements for over 10,000 clients.
Choose our law firm to represent you in your Montgomery, Alabama, injury claim, and we will:
- Offer the legal advice, guidance, and support you need to make informed decisions about your case
- Handle all communication, paperwork, and administrative tasks on your behalf
- Perform an in-depth investigation into your accident to gather evidence
- Identify all parties who may be liable for your accident
- Work with specialists for expert testimony that helps prove causation, negligence, and damages
- Negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to seek an offer that fully compensates you
- Present a persuasive case to a jury to seek maximum damages if you do not receive a fair offer
Contact Lattof & Lattof, P.C. today for the legal representation you deserve. We work on a contingency-fee basis. You pay nothing unless we recover compensation for you.
How Common are Personal Injury Accidents in Montgomery, AL?
Personal injury claims can arise from virtually any type of accident or injury caused by another person’s negligence or intentional wrongdoing. Traffic accidents are one of the most common causes of personal injury cases in Alabama.
A traffic accident was reported almost every 3 minutes in Alabama in 2019. Over 850 of these accidents involved a fatality. Around 22 of those fatal traffic accidents occurred in Montgomery. Motorcycle accidents are also common, with 1,262 motorcyclists involved in collisions in Alabama in 2017 – 83 of those involved a death.
Slip and fall cases are another common type of personal injury claim in Montgomery. As many as 8 million emergency room visits each year are attributed to a fall. Slips and falls are also the leading cause of workers’ compensation claims.
2018 also saw more than 36,000 accidents occurring in the workplace, with around 19,000 of those classified as severe. Some of the most common workplace accidents occur on construction sites.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Montgomery, AL
Whether you were injured while driving, due to a doctor’s mistake, or at a store, Lattof & Lattof, P.C. can help.
We handle all types of personal injury cases in Montgomery, AL, including:
- Assault injuries
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Bus accidents
- Car accidents
- Child injuries
- Construction accidents
- Defective medical devices
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice
- Motorcycle accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Truck accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Wrongful death
If you or a loved one suffered injuries due to the carelessness, negligence, or intentional actions of another, contact our law office today for a free consultation.
What Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
A lot goes into a personal injury case, so it’s impossible to come up with an easy ballpark figure. Any injuries and financial losses you’ve suffered will need to be thoroughly investigated.
When you sit down at your free consultation with our elite legal team, we’ll take a deep dive into what your case could be worth. We will analyze the financial impacts, lost wages, and future economic damages of your injuries. We will also document the severity of your injuries, whether you’ve suffered disability or impairment, and other non-financial losses.
Always remember your claim can be limited by the strength of your case and available insurance coverage. This is why it’s vital that you let Lattof & Lattof, P.C. fight to recover the compensation you’re owed.
What Damages Are Available After an Accident in Montgomery, Alabama?
The damages you can claim after an accident in Montgomery, Alabama, can be broken down into economic and non-economic damages.
Some examples of economic damages include:
- Medical bills: Medical bills are often the largest cost you’ll incur after a serious accident. You can recover money for doctor’s visits, ER visits, hospitalization, surgery, home care, prescriptions, and more.
- Property damage: If it’s a vehicle-related accident, then property damage is almost a certainty.
- Lost wages: You’ll likely need some time away from work to recover from your injuries, which will lead to a loss in earnings.
- Loss of future earnings: You could be out of work for some time after your injuries or even be unable to return. You are entitled to recover the future lost earnings if you are disabled or impaired.
The following are some examples of non-economic damages:
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life: Many are no longer able to enjoy things they once did, especially if disability or impairment has occurred.
- Emotional distress and mental anguish: Any serious accident will come with some degree of psychological distress. Anxiety, fear for the future, and sleepless nights are some examples of psychological distress.
- Loss of consortium: If a wrongful death has occurred, then additional damages for loss of consortium can be filed for the loss of guidance, support, or companionship.
Lattof & Lattof, P.C. will help you seek the maximum damages you deserve under Alabama personal injury law.
What Happens if I’m Blamed for an Accident in Alabama?
Many states today employ comparative negligence laws. Alabama still uses an older contributory negligence system. If the victim is found to have contributed to the accident in any way, Alabama law bars them from seeking damages.
This unfair system means you cannot recover any damages if any amount of fault is assigned to you.
Insurance companies take advantage of this rule. This is why you need an experienced personal injury lawyer at your side to fight attempts to blame you for your accident. Your Montgomery personal injury attorney will build the strongest case possible to fight these tactics.
What Is Negligence, and How Does it Relate to My Personal Injury Case?
Negligence means one party acted (or failed to act) in a way that a reasonable person would in the circumstances. When someone’s negligence causes another injury, they can be held legally liable. There are four key facets to prove negligence in a personal injury claim.
You must show the defendant owed a duty of care to you and breached this duty of care. You must also prove the breach of duty caused your accident and you suffered damages.
At Lattof & Lattof, P.C., we will work tirelessly to gather necessary evidence to prove the defendant’s negligence.
Evidence we may use includes:
- Arrests or citations made that relate to the incident
- Black box data from a truck accident
- Cell phone records from any distracted drivers
- Truck driver logs
- Eyewitness reports
- NTSB investigation results
- Photos, videos, or surveillance footage of the incident
- Police reports
- Records from the trucking company regarding hiring and training practices
- Maintenance logs and past complaints in a premises liability case
We leave no stone unturned to gather crucial evidence to strengthen your case. We may work with experts to analyze this evidence for expert testimony establishing causation and your damages.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Alabama?
Alabama has a 2-year statute of limitations, which means you have up to 2 years to file your personal injury claim after your accident. The same applies when wrongful death has occurred. Once the 2-year deadline has expired, you’ll be prevented from taking any legal action.
There are some cases where the statute of limitations could be extended. However, this is limited to cases where the liable party has left the state of Alabama, when children have been injured, and when there’s been a delay in the discovery of harm.
What Does it Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Montgomery, AL?
We believe that the inability to pay attorney’s fees or a retainer should never be a barrier to the legal representation. When you choose Lattof & Lattof, P.C. to represent you in your case, we will do so on a contingency-fee basis. This means that you will have no out-of-pocket costs, and you only pay if we recover compensation for you.
Contact our law firm today for a free case review with our Montgomery personal injury attorneys to find out how we can help you.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Montgomery Personal Injury Lawyer
If another has negligently injured you in Montgomery, Alabama, you may be entitled to compensation. At Lattof & Lattof, P.C., we understand exactly how devastating a serious injury can be, and we know exactly what it takes to put together a successful personal injury case.
Contact our law office today for a free consultation with a Montgomery personal injury lawyer ready to help you.