Businesses and property owners in Mobile have a responsibility to have reasonable security measures in place. If you’ve been assaulted or the victim of a crime due to negligent security, you may have a legitimate claim for damages.
Call Lattof & Lattof, PC, to discuss your case and learn about your legal options with an experienced Mobile negligent security lawyer. Your first consultation is free, so please contact us for help today.
How Our Mobile Law Firm Can Assist with Your Negligent Security Case
Hiring a skilled Mobile personal injury lawyer from Lattof & Lattof, PC, is a smart way to protect your health and your financial future after becoming the victim of a crime on another person’s premises. Here are just some of the ways our legal team can help you fight for compensation:
- Review the details of your attack and assess your damages
- Conduct an independent investigation into your attack
- Develop an effective legal strategy for your personal injury case
- Provide you with a detailed overview of your legal options
- Consult with independent experts about the nuances of your case
- Offer you honest answers to all your legal questions
- Communicate with the defendant’s legal team for you
- Negotiate a settlement deal with the opposing party’s insurer
- Represent your interests in court, when necessary
Becoming the victim of violent crime in Alabama can wreak havoc on your health, wellbeing, self-confidence, and finances. Fortunately, though, you do not need to go through this trying time alone. The experienced lawyers at Lattof & Lattof, PC, are always available to help you and are never more than a phone call away.
Negligent Security in Alabama – Understanding the Law
Alabama law states that property owners owe a duty of care to everyone who steps onto their land or into their building. This regulation means that they must keep their grounds free of dangerous hazards like uneven floorboards, cracked sidewalks, and unstable shelving.
However, a property owner’s duty to protect their visitors does not end there. Under the state’s premises liability laws, they must also maintain their property in a way that prevents or reduces the potential for criminal activity.
If property or business owners fail to take steps to minimize their crime rate, and a visitor to their premises sustains an injury in an assault or a mugging, they can be held liable for the victim’s damages.
Do you believe that you were the victim of negligent security in Mobile? If so, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the team of knowledgeable personal injury attorneys at Lattof & Lattof, PC. We might be able to assist you with your pursuit of compensation.
How Does Negligent Security Happen in Mobile?
Negligent security happens when property owners fail to take basic steps to prevent criminal acts from occurring on their premises.
A brief list of some of the most common examples of negligent security found in Mobile would include:
- Failing to install or maintain security cameras
- Failing to install or maintain adequate lighting
- Failing to repair or replace broken fences and gates
- Failing to hire trained security guards
- Failing to install locks on doors and gates
- Hiring employees with criminal records
Did you suffer an injury in a violent attack because a property owner did not replace their broken fence or failed to install security cameras? If so, the negligent security lawyers at Lattof & Lattof, PC, may be able to help you recover some much-needed compensation. Reach out to us today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about our services.
Where Does Negligent Security Occur in Mobile?
Inadequate and negligent security is found in a wide range of businesses and amenities across the state of Alabama. However, it seems to happen especially frequently in:
- Parking lots
- Shopping centers
- Concert venues
- Gas stations
- Convenience stores
- Medical clinics
- Nursing homes
If a criminal attacked you in a bar or a shopping center that did not have sufficient security, you can count on the attorneys at Lattof & Lattof, PC, to help you fight for compensation. Our team has worked on a myriad of negligent security cases over the years, so we know what it takes to win. Reach out to us today to begin your legal journey.
Injuries Caused By Negligent Security in Mobile
When a property owner’s refusal to secure their property leads to one of their visitors getting mugged or assaulted, injuries are all but inevitable.
A short sampling of some of the most common injuries caused by negligent security in Mobile would include:
- Fractured Bones: It is not at all uncommon for Mobile residents to break their bones when they get attacked by criminals.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Injuries of this nature have the potential to leave patients paralyzed.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: People with traumatic brain injuries can endure symptoms like mood swings, memory loss, and profound confusion.
- Lacerations: Cuts of this nature are a common result of these types of elections.
- Eye Injuries: When Mobile residents suffer trauma to one or both of their eyes, there is always a chance that they may lose their vision.
- Internal Organ Injuries: Alabamans who get struck by criminals often get to the hospital with injuries to their lungs, heart, kidneys, and other vital organs.
Do you need help pursuing compensation for your spinal cord injury or fractured bone? If so, please get in touch with the team at Lattof & Lattof, PC, as soon as you can. We have years of experience in the industry, and we are more than ready to go to battle for you.
Statute of Limitations for Negligent Security Lawsuits in Alabama
Alabama Code § 6-2-38 notes that the statute of limitations for personal injury cases in the Yellowhammer State is two years. This law means that Mobile residents who wish to file negligent security claims must typically do so before the second anniversary of the day the crime occurred.
The state of Alabama offers an exception to this rule for children who get hurt in violent attacks on another person’s property. Since minors do not have the authority to file lawsuits, their statutory clock does not start to tick on the day the crime occurred. Instead, it begins on their 19th birthday – and it lasts for three years.
Courts in Alabama can also pause an injured party’s statute of limitations if the liable person leaves the state. In these types of cases, the two-year clock does not recommence until the defendant returns.
Would you like to have a knowledgeable negligent security attorney from Lattof & Lattof, PC, help you file a lawsuit before your statutory window slams shut? If so, please give us a call today to set up a free case evaluation at our offices in Mobile. We have the legal skills and industry experience necessary to provide you with the assistance you require.
Compensation Available in Negligent Security Claims in Mobile
To calculate the amount of compensation Mobile residents should receive at the conclusion of their negligent security lawsuits, courts and insurers look at a wide range of contributory factors, including:
- The cost of their initial medical treatment
- The fees associated with their therapies and rehabilitation
- The expenses attached to their ongoing healthcare needs
- The amount of time they missed from work because of their injury
- The effect their injury will have on their ability to earn an income
- The mental anguish they endured because of their injury
- The impact their injury will have on their overall quality of life
As a general rule, individuals who suffer injuries that leave them with life-long health challenges and prevent them from working tend to receive the most substantial compensatory awards.
When our law firm represents injured Alabamans, we almost always fight for compensation for their:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation fees
- Ongoing care costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
When negligent security leads to the death of a Mobile resident, our team helps their family members file wrongful death suits and pursue damages for their:
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of consortium
- Burial or cremation costs
The knowledgeable personal injury attorneys at Lattof & Lattof, PC, have been helping Mobile residents pursue the compensation they deserve for many years – securing a myriad of favorable settlements and verdicts in the process. If you would like to have us go to battle for you, all you have to do is give us a call or contact us online.
Your Experienced Mobile Negligent Security Lawyer
When you need a skilled Mobile negligent security lawyer to help you with your case, there is only one firm you need to contact – Lattof & Lattof, PC. Our team has the industry experience and statutory knowledge necessary to handle even the most complicated personal injury claims. Give us a call at your earliest convenience to learn more about the services we offer.