Mobile Construction Accident Lawyer
Construction work is demanding and dangerous. Thousands of construction workers are injured each year in the United States. Some construction accidents are unavoidable, but some accidents occur because of negligence or recklessness.
If you were injured in a construction accident, contact Lattof & Lattof, PC, for help. You may be entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits and/or compensation for a third-party injury claim. Give us a call today at (251) 432-6691 to schedule a free consultation with one of our Mobile construction accident lawyers.
How Can Our Mobile Construction Accident Lawyer Help You?
Determining liability for a construction accident can be a complicated undertaking. Workers’ compensation covers most construction accidents. Some workers may receive more compensation from other sources.
Construction sites generally have many companies, contractors, and other parties working on the project. The compensation you receive from an employer for a construction accident may be limited. That may not be the case for claims against other parties.
Our Mobile personal injury lawyers handle workers’ compensation claims and third party claims for construction workers. We investigate your accident to identify all factors that led to your injury on a construction site. Our lawyers pursue all legal avenues to ensure that you receive all compensation you are entitled to receive by law.
What Can You Expect When You Hire Lattof & Lattof, P.C. After a Construction Accident in Mobile?
Each case is unique. Our legal team develops a strategy for your case that gives you the best chance of success. However, all personal injury cases require specific actions to protect your legal rights and best interests.
Steps that we take in construction accident cases include, but are not limited to:
- conduct a thorough, comprehensive investigation to find out why the accident occurred. we identify all liable parties and gather evidence proving fault and liability.
- work with you and your health care providers to document your injuries and losses to maximize your chance of recovery of compensation for all damages.
- when necessary, we reach out to medical experts, investigators, safety specialists, economists, engineers, and other professionals to obtain additional evidence and expert testimony.
- our lawyers work with your medical providers to ensure that you receive medical care by negotiating medical provider liens to be paid when your case is settled.
- file all insurance claims and negotiate with insurance companies and other parties to settle your claim.
- prepare and file a lawsuit against the parties responsible for your construction accident, if necessary.
Throughout the entire case, we use our considerable resources, expertise, and skills developed during our years of representing individuals injured in construction accidents.
Causes of Construction Accidents in Mobile
Construction accidents occur for a variety of reasons. The nature of a construction accident increases the risk of certain types of accidents and injuries. Some of the common causes of construction accidents include:
- Falls — Falls are one of the most common types of construction accidents, according to OSHA. Workers can fall from scaffolding and ladders. Falls also result because of tripping hazards, uneven surfaces, and unstable structures.
- Struck by Objects — Being struck by objects is the second most common type of construction accident that results in fatalities.
- Electrocutions and Electrical Accident — Construction sites use high voltage for equipment. Inadequate warnings and safety procedures can lead to death or injury.
- Machinery and Equipment — Defective equipment and improperly maintained equipment can cause severe injuries. Being caught in or between machinery can also result in a construction worker’s injury.
- Falling Objects — Equipment and objects left on the upper floors, scaffolds, and ledges can fall and cause serious injuries or death.
- Explosions and Fires — Many construction sites have unstable substances that can cause explosions and fires.
- Exposure to Toxic Chemicals — Construction workers can be exposed to a variety of toxic chemicals that may be used on some construction sites.
One or more parties may be responsible for the conditions that lead to your accident. Parties that might be liable for your injuries include:
- your employer,
- property owners,
- product manufacturers,
- material suppliers, or
- government entities.
We help you find out who is responsible for your injuries from a construction accident. You deserve to be compensated when you are injured on a construction site through no fault of your own.
Common Construction Accident Injuries
The injuries from a construction accident vary. A worker may sustain minor injuries that heal in a few weeks or life-threatening and debilitating injuries.
Construction accident injuries include:
- broken bones
- traumatic brain injury
- spinal cord and back injuries
- amputations and loss of limbs
- electrical injuries
- burns and severe abrasions
- fractured skull and head injuries
- wrongful death
Regardless of the severity of your injury, it is in your best interest to see a doctor as soon as possible. Immediate medical treatment of construction injuries can prevent further complications. Prompt treatment can also protect your right to seek compensation for your injuries.
Damages Available for Mobile Construction Accidents
Damages in a construction accident may include financial losses and non-economic damages. Examples of the damages in your construction accident claim include:
- past and future medical bills
- past and future lost wages and benefits
- personal care and in-home health care
- diminished earning capacity
- disabilities, scarring, and disfigurement
- physical pain and suffering
- mental anguish and emotional distress
- loss of enjoyment or quality of life
The value of your construction accident claim depends on the damages included in your claim. It also depends on whether you are filing a workers’ compensation or third-party claim. Shared responsibility for the cause of your injuries may also affect the amount of money you receive for a claim.
Our personal injury attorneys work to maximize the compensation you receive for your damages. We work to document all damages. Our legal team may hire experts to provide more evidence to prove the severity and extent of your injuries and financial losses.
Can I Receive Compensation for a Construction Accident That Was My Fault?
Your fault could prevent you from recovering compensation for your claim. Alabama uses a pure contributory negligence theory for personal injury claims. If you have any responsibility for the cause of your injuries, you are barred from recovering any compensation from a third party who might have some liability for your injuries.
Insurance companies use contributory negligence claims to avoid paying valid injury claims. Our Mobile construction accident lawyers understand these tactics and how to fight allegations of contributory negligence.
What is the Statute of Limitations for a Construction Accident Claim?
In most cases, victims of construction accidents have two years from the date of the injury to file third-party claims and workers’ compensation claims. However, you should report your injury to your employer immediately.
In some cases, the deadline to file a claim could be shorter than the two-year deadline set by the statute of limitations. Claims against government entities are subject to shorter deadlines.
It is always best to talk to a construction lawyer in Mobile as soon as possible after an accident. Waiting too long to seek legal advice could result in losing some of your options for seeking compensation for injuries caused by a construction accident.
Can I Get More Than Workers’ Compensation Benefits for a Construction Accident?
You may be advised to file a workers’ compensation claim after a construction accident. In many cases, workers’ compensation can provide benefits to help you while you are out of work. You may receive temporary income benefits and paid medical treatment.
However, you may also have other options for seeking compensation for a construction accident. Workers’ compensation does not compensate you fully for the loss of income or permanent impairments. Also, you do not receive any compensation for pain, suffering, and other damages.
Our Mobile construction accident lawyers evaluate all potential claims, including workers’ compensation claims, claims against your employer, and claims against other parties. By pursuing all available claims, you increase the chance that you receive the maximum compensation allowed by law.
You are not limited to one or the other. You can file a workers’ compensation claim and a third party claim. However, the two claims could have elements that impact the other case. Let our lawyers review your claim and advise you of all options to ensure that you pursue all avenues of compensation for your injury claim.
Let Our Mobile Construction Accident Lawyers Review Your Case
We can help you with a worker’s compensation claim for your construction accident. Our lawyers can also help you with any third party claims that might arise because of the accident.
Do not limit your options. Talk to a Mobile construction accident attorney with Lattof & Lattof. You can get the legal advice you need during a free consultation.
Mobile, AL Construction Accident Testimonial
Mobile, AL Physical Therapists
- Grelot Physical Therapy – 5901 Grelot Rd Building B, Suite B, Mobile, AL 36609
- Center for Balance and Rehabilitation – 1220 Azalea Rd, Mobile, AL 36693
- Results Physiotherapy Mobile, Alabama – 3654 Airport Blvd Suite H, Mobile, AL 36608
- The Orthopaedic Group, P. C. – Therapy Clinic – 6144 Airport Blvd, Mobile, AL 36608
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.