Companies that manufacture, distribute or sell products have a legal obligation to make sure those products are safe for their intended uses. If you are injured because a product was defective, you should seek the help of an experienced Mobile product liability lawyer. The attorneys at Lattof & Lattof, P.C., can help you seek compensation for your injuries.
Give us a call today at (251) 432-6691 to schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys. We have over 100 years of combined experience helping injury victims in Mobile, AL, so call now to get started with your case.
High Number of Defective Product Injuries Each Year
The most recent information from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission indicates that each year, there are in excess of 35 million people who are injured or killed due to use of consumer products. This is some 1 out of every 10 people in the country. There are 10’s of thousands more who are injured or killed due to use of industrial products. The great majority of these injuries could have been avoided if the manufacturers, distributors or sellers had taken the proper additional steps to eliminate and reduce the dangers of these products.
These steps which fall into 3 broad categories – defective design, defective construction, defective warnings/instruction – might include such things as:
- Better product design
- Use of better materials
- Better testing and engineering
- Better assembly and construction
- Addition of safety guards, devices, barriers and switches
- Proper warnings and instructions as to potential hazards and proper use of the product
An example of defective design would be such things as:
- A child’s toy with small parts which might create a choking hazard;
- An automobile which has a tendency to flip over during sharp turns;
- A fan with a guard which doesn’t prevent fingers from reaching the blade;
An example of defective construction would be such things as:
- A ladder sold with a broken step;
- A seat belt with a latch that comes loose unexpectedly;
- A drug which contains dangerous impurities;
An example of defective warnings/instructions would be such things as:
- Failure to warn of the recommended weight capacity of a swing set;
- Failure to provide adequate instructions for the safe use of a chainsaw;
- Failure to warn that excessive use of a particular drug could lead to addiction;
Hire A Skilled Mobile Product Liability Lawyer
For over 65 years, the attorneys at Lattof & Lattof, P.C. have been helping victims injured or killed due to dangerous and defective products of all types including consumer products and industrial products. We will work hard as an advocate for you and your family to protect your rights and to make sure that you are provided the full recompense to which you are entitled for injuries and losses due to dangerous, defective and unsafe products. Call Lattof & Lattof today for a free consultation regarding your potential rights and to ask any questions you might have.
Remember that claims of this type usually have a certain time limitation within which you may take action, so it is important that you make the call as soon as you can so as to preserve your rights.